Friday, March 4, 2011

Forza 3: Progress Part II

This will be the second installment of my progress on Forza 3 and I will be discussing season 2 and 3.

1994 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
  Season 2 is not much different from season one since the cars you use will range from D to C class. Cars like the Pontiac Trans Am and Nissan 300zx are in this class. These cars are still relatively easy to handle without any assists making it easy to earn more money. A lot of the cars from the 90's era are in D class which was one of my favorite automotive eras making this season pretty enjoyable. Just like season 1, the reward cars you gain from leveling up were enough to get by without spending any money. I decided to save up my money to purchase cars later on when I actually need to. In order to complete this season, you have to complete five races in C class every weekend in the game calendar. During the weekdays, you choose 1 out of 3 races to complete. Unfortunately, I didn't have any C class cars for the races so I had to buy one. The car I chose was a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI which still wasn't competitive enough even at medium difficulty. I chose upgrades like weight reduction to improve the handling making the car easier to drive. On top of that, this car was all wheel drive which lowers the chances of losing traction which helped me greatly. Overall, season two was very enjoyable but I still wanted to drive faster cars.

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Season 3 is when things started getting very interesting. B and A class cars are used in this season which includes most of the high end nameplates like Ferrari and Lamborghini. You start off in B class and even though most of the high end cars in A class, I wasn't complaining. This is because B class already felt like a big leap from C class and I knew this would take practice to get used to these cars. Although I could have easily won with all the assists on, I was motivated to race with assists off because of the bonus money you earn. After doing a few career races in B class, I was ready to race in the first A class race in the championship. There was one problem though, I didn't have any cars in A class. I wanted to buy Ferrari F430 but unfortunately, it was way out of my budget. In the end I purchased a Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 which was inexpensive and the stats were decent too. The car was surprisingly easy to handle, probably because I've practiced throttle control which is essential for maintaining traction. I didn't have to spend money on upgrades either because this car is very competitive even in stock form. Season 3 was a big difference from season 2 but changes are always welcomed as they help me develop my skills with powerful cars.



No comments:

Post a Comment